10.18.2007

Joel's Emails

I'm a little late in posting these. Let's just say that the last two weeks have been a total and complete blurr. We're so lucky we get to hear from Joel - isn't technology amazing?

Here they are in the order they came!

October 8th
Hello everybody. HOw is everyone?

Thanks for all the emails ande for all of the support. I like the idea about sending all the stuff to the Philippines. But its against the rules. Weird dont you think. well against the rules for you to send it to me and me to disperse it. Even though there are a lot of people in our area that need white shirts. maybe you could send one to our branch president. Anyway. I am really struggling here in the new area. I am just super stressed about all the problems and the work. But Im trying to do my best. There is no food in the town and I am like rock climbing all day long since It is so Jungley. So because of my constant exercise I lost 7 pounds this week. To go on the Lamac diet and lose pounds fast just call 1-800-jungle. ha its ok though. I know the Lord is going to be teaching me some very important lessons here for my life. Just continue to pray for me. I need it right now. The work is so hard here but It is rewarding. Sounds like everyone is doing good. I'll write more next week

Sincerely Elder Ehorn

October 15
Hello Family and Friend,
Thank you for all your emails and words of encouragement. It really helps. That is so good that everyone wants to help out here in the Philippines. I decided that if I sneak the stuff to the people and they dont know its from the missionaries that it will work. :) so if you want to put together stuff to send then that would be awesome. Most importantly would be white shirts and ties. Remember the people here are very small. So like If you bought a shirt that was my size that would fit the fattest person in the whole philippines. So just a variety of sizes would be good. Dont spend a lot of money. Just by shirts from D.I. and ties from D.I. as well. You would understand why if you were here. think quantity not quality. does that sound mean? I hope not. My area is still ridiculously hard but I am trying to keep high spirits. I sure am learning a lot about myself here. I could say I am learning a lot about people in general. I wish you all could witness the things I have witnessed here. Absolute miracles happen all the time. I was able to listen to all the sessions of conference this last weekend. We rented a big truck for the branch and took everyone on the 1 and a half hour to the nearest stake center to watch conference broadcast. they broadcast it a week late here. I was especially
impressed with the talk by Henry B Eyring about Gods Hand in our life and how he wrote down things everyday for like twenty years straight or something. amazing. I challenge all of you to do that. I am going to do that here on the mission as well. I think we will really gain an appreciation for the help of the Lord in our lives. Oh I forgot to mention there is another way to help out. There is a new foundation here that is open for donations. It is called "The Elder Ehorn has nothing when he gets home foundation." Cash donations are excepted to zions bank acct # Ask Jill Ehorn-Foy. This Foundation help recently returned missionaries named Joel Ehorn, finish his schooling, try to buy a car, and continuing his service to the beautiful women in the world by taking them on dates to hopefully meet and eternal companion." You know those kind of admirable things. haha im funny. but seriously. I want you to know here in the mission we have the investigators set goals for things they want to achieve otherwise they have no direction. So if you all would like to set a goal for yourselves, I want you to know that you have my prayers backing up your goals and I am always willing to hope. Ha. Love you all. The Mission is amazing.

Sincerely Elder Joel Porter Ehorn