10.25.2007

Joel - Monday October 22

Gotta love this missionary! Here is the latest and greatest from Elder Ehorn:

The work is pretty good. we had another baptism this last saturday. This kid is awesome. I feel so bad for him though. He has had the hardest life in the history of the world. His dad is a former alcoholic. And alcoholics here in the philippines are a lot worse than alcoholics in the u.s. his mom left the family. he is 11 years old and is in 1st grade because his parents were retarded. He cant read. He lives pretty much by himself. every once in a while his older brother stops by. He is only 17 though. He cooks for himself washes his own clothes, by hand of course. he is completely independent and he is 11 years old. We had him like look at the pictures in the pamphlets and do service for his neighbors, and of course pray to know the truth about the church before he could be baptized. He is so awesome. I cant beleive I have forgotten to tell in my letters about all the baptisms we have had. ooopps. anyway back to Ramil. that is his name. So when I told him he needs to bring an extra pair of underwear to his baptism he got all silent. I was like oh great whats wrong. Then he continued to say that a rat had eaten his last pair of underwear. I fealt so bad. He doesnt even have underwear. That is life in the jungle for an eleven year old. He is not the brightest kid but he has the biggest heart ever. makes me want to cry. but of course I wont because I am a man. anyway, that is what is going on here.