9.10.2007

Elder Ehorn - "The Well"

Here's Elder Ehorn's letter this week! I decided just to post them on my blog so that everyone can read his funny stories. Please excuse his spelling...my mom is very concerned. That's an english teacher for you!

September 2-10
Hello Everyone!
I have to tell you all about my week. or i guess its the past three weeks. Our zone which is called Liloan zone started some new goals at the beginning of the last transfer. These goals were to get 30 new investigators every week and have at least 6 investigators come to church every sunday. It has been so hard to keep up with the new investigators part of it all. I am really tired from all the trying to find new investigators. But through it all my area is going to have a total of 6 baptisms this month. How awesome is that. we had 2 the first week of september and we are going to have 4 on the 22 of september. What is funny about that is that it still does not feel like enough. I feel like I am not working hard enough. To be honest I think i have been like that my whole life. Like what I am doing is never enough. I think I got it from you Mom. Being that you have been on the go always ever since I can remember. I know that my using every minute of everyday is really going to bless me when I get home from the mission. I honestly feel like if I can do all this i can do anything in life. Which includes the following. Getting married. :) Getting straight A's in school. being a doctor. not really I dont want to be a doctor. Not that they arent great I just dont think that it is for me. When Are you going to go on a mission mom? Grandma you need to hit up another mission as well. :) Can you all beleive it is 1/4 over? I can not beleive it. I really can not beleive it. I need to hurry up and get stuff done or else the mission is going to be over before I know it. Anyone have any good ideas for finding investigators? i mean creative ideas. besides tracting and just talking to everyone on the street. Remember that resources are limited. Ha I thought of a really funny one that me and my companion are going to do. Maybe. there are tons of wells here and thats where people get their water. i mean old fashioned wells where you have to use the rope and everything. I thought that we need to take Ang Basahon ni mormon (the book of mormon) and put it in zip lock then put it in the bucket in the well and when someone pulls the rope to bring up the bucket there will be a Book of Mormon there. Then they will think that God sent it to them. About thirty seconds after that My companion and I will jump out of some nearby bushes where we were hiding and offer to teach them about that book and why God sent it to them in a zip lock bag. haha what do you think? Effective? After I presented the idea me and my comp could not stop laughing. I think it would be funny. anyway. If you have ideas that might actually work please share. Well I continue to love it here and am still working hard. Yeah I am probably getting transfered on the 21. we will see. I will let you know.
Thanks everyone. Love you all.
Elder Joel Porter Ehorn