12.28.2008

GG - YOU ROCK!


My grandma / a.k.a. GG / has been here this entire week. I have LOVED having her here as she instinctively knows how to add her two hands to my two hands and we've gotten so much done! I literally had Christmas taken down by Friday at 11:00am - and my china cabinet was cleaned out too! That seriously would have taken me two days to get all that done! Not only that but GG has been a great shopping partner, mani/pedi accomplice and she gives some of the very best advice around. She should totally have an advice booth at the fair - people would walk away feeling so loved and so empowered!

GG also helped me get over my fear of the English Toffee recipe the failure of which has haunted me every Christmas since I got married (story is that my mom has made it every year since forever - it's not really Christmas without it - only when I have tried to do it myself, RUINED - an entire pound of butter scorched! Turns out I was making it far more complicated than it actually was. Who knew?!!!).

Mostly I'm just grateful that GG takes the time to sit and chat and that she uses lots of flowing adjectives (lovely, wonderful, gorgeous, exceptional, adorable, the list goes on...) that just make me feel good about myself and the little life that Eric and I have created here. She has a talent for talking to people, making them feel appreciated and leaving them better than before. My boys have LOVED having her here...she has played with them, hugged them, fed them and when needed, scolded them (she's never has much patience with an ungrateful child!). Mostly GG has just LOVED 'em and that was all they needed.

Last night, after a fun dinner and movie, Drew took one look at GG as she came around the corner and said "WHOA! You are having a bad hair day!" Eric and I couldn't stop laughing - GG had her hair done just before we left to go on our date - it was a little bigger than usual. But how does a 3 year old know what a bad hair day is??? GG just laughed and told him how cute he was.




Oh, and her favorite channel is Hallmark which means that we've been watching lots of "feel good" movies that make me grateful I'm not some washed up childhood actress - thanks mom for ignoring my pleas to go to the Barbazon School for Modeling and Acting - that totally could have been me!






If you have a GG, consider yourself lucky! I'm forever grateful for her wisdom, her energy and that she shared this great week with me! LOVE YOU GG!