4.16.2008

I CONFESS: I have an addiction!

I'm not exactly reaching out for help here. I like my addiction and I have no plans for giving it up, going to rehab or anything drastic. I just need to put it out there and let you all know that after all these years I am acknowledging that yes, I have a problem. Some people have Diet Coke. Some people have shoes. I have an addiction to baskets, folders, pouches, jars and all things "organizational." It is a very useful, albeit sometimes expensive addiction. It's sort of a hobby turned obsession. I definitely don't claim to be the best or most organized but I really do LOVE to do it. Ask Mama Ehorn - she'll tell you that I've always been this way. I secretly like things to get "unorganized" so that I can organize them again (in a new and improved way, of course) with new baskets and stuff. It isn't the organization in my life that makes my family crazy - but the RE-organization that throws everybody off. Things just have a way of finding a new home with a little help from me. Lately, my adoring husband has even resorted to going through the garbage - just to make sure that I haven't thrown away anything he really "needs." He inevitably finds something. (Whoops!) My organizational quest leads to Eric's dumpster diving which leads to me having to reorganize again. This is why Eric and Jenn really do need eachother. My Mom is coming to visit tomorrow (YAY!!!) which has sparked this recent burst of organizational energy. This time it is company coming, but sometimes it is Spring, September, the day after Christmas or sometimes it's just when the sun shines - which could create a problem since I live in the sunniest part of the country. I'll post pictures of my organizational triumphs - before and afters - real soon. Heads up Eric - not even the "important" stuff is off limits today! ;)