12.20.2007

Latest and Greatest from Elder Ehorn

Hello everybody. thanks for all the emails. I got a lot this week. It was nice. I am on the island of Bohol now and my new area is called Tagbilaran 2. I am a zone leader now and have a car and a cell phone. Kind of weird. I dont really like it to be honest. now that I have a car and a phone i feel like less of a missionary. but they are necessary for all of the things we have to do. I am always on the run doing stuff. Baptismal interviews and moving elders and stuff like that. I do want to share quickly about a baptismal interview. it was actually my first one I did. It is so amazing that even though these people are extremely afraid of these interviews (I dont know why) I can feel the spirit of the person so strong. Its like the Lord wants you to know if they are really ready for baptism or not. sometimes even though the people can answer the questions perfectly you feel like they are not ready. then they are other times that they cant answer all the questions exactly but that they are ready. Very very amazing experience. So I interviewed this family. one by one I interviewed and the father just seemed a little bit unclear but then when I had him say the closing prayer it hit me hard that he was ready. He had been a little unclear with his answers to questions but then his prayer was just amazing. The spirit was so strong and you could tell he was really talking to his Father In Heaven. This experience testified to me that The Lord is in charge of this work and he decides when people are ready or not. well thanks so much for the Christmas gifts and for the money. That family did receive the money you sent and will be getting sealed on Christmas Day. How cool is that.
They go up to Manila on Dec 24. I have a picture of the fam and I will get it off to you as soon as I can. I am actually back in cebu right now for the zone leader Conference which lasts three days. thanks again for all your support

Love Elder Joel Porter Ehorn