12.20.2007

Heaven for Fanatics!

Hello All!!!



We just got back from a great trip to California where we visited family and friends and found Heaven on Earth for two little boys in a little place we like to call LEGOLAND! Ethan and Drew are at the perfect age for this alcove made especially for boys and filled with the things they dream of namely Star Wars, Water Fights, Roller Coasters and millions of little plastic blocks!



What could be better?

Here is the short list of the things we loved about our trip to Cali:

1. Great friends - the Kraus Family and the Ashley Family made our trip all the more fun.


2. Grandma & Grandpa Ehorn - for loving us despite the wrestling matches, loud man-made motor sounds and for eating all the cookies!




P.S. Nothing was broken in the making of this picture.

3. $.99 masks (on sale!) at Legoland that kept my boys happy the whole way home and have proven very useful for spying on the enemy while playing "army guys."


4. Going to Legoland on a Monday - no lines, no waiting and very little maneuvering the double stroller. Oh yea, and that little bonus of free tickets to come back in January or February. Road trip anyone???



5. Life-size Lego-made Darth Vader and R2-D2, need we say more?





6. The "how its made" little portion of Legoland - they have a plastic injection molding machine and I know this because my Dad had one in his shop and I knew how it worked because one summer I spent a lot of time pulling apart surgical rings that my Dad made on his machine. I walked in and it smelt like my Dad's shop and that made me HAPPY!



7. Miniland USA - because it had a replica of the Golden Gate Bridge and I almost felt like I was home again.



8. Can we say HOTTIE?!!! Just look at the picture of my husband - who thought Legoland was made for kids and proved it by having more fun than anyone!



Needless to say...we had a great trip!