8.28.2008

A Letter to a Long Lost Friend

Dear Waistline,

Hi! Do you remember me? I vaguely remember you from about 5 years ago when we last parted during pregnancy #1. I remember how I could wear a belt around you and button the top button of my pants. Oh, those were good times, weren't they? I've missed you. I know I've put you through a lot lately - three babies in four years is hardly easy to ignore - but I know you can do it and I've been working very hard to find you. I search for you every morning at 5:30 and then I think about you many times during the day. Even though I try to ignore it, I have guilt that I let you go. Can't you please come back, even if it's just for a short time? I might find out that I like Oreo Cakesters more than I like you and if that's the case, so be it. We'll part ways once again and I'll feel better knowing that it was me and not you. So, if it's not too much trouble, I'd love to see you again and I'd love it even more if you stuck around for a while. I'll be waiting, but please don't expect me to be patient forever.

Your long, lost friend,
Me