5.25.2008

SUMMER: WEEK 1

I love SUMMERTIME! No, not the 110 degree weather but everything else that comes with it. Preschool is out and it feels like we can do anything. (Silly, I know but we lead a small life around here!) On Thursday the boys and I sat down and wrote a long list of everything FUN that we want to do this summer. The list is long and summer just isn't so we've already gotten started. This week we made our own playdo (complete with scents), went to that bouncy place, the library, hit up germland at the mall and managed to squeeze in a bikeride. I LOVE SUMMER!

My favorite things about SUMMER:

1. BBQ's are totally acceptable...for every meal. My fav things to BBQ are hamburgers, hot dogs (surprise, surprise), foil dinners, corn on the cob and of course...a good ol' steak for Eric D. I'm going to really try some new stuff this summer. (like actually learn how to turn on the BBQ myself)

2. Swimming at 8:00am and then again at 8:00pm. Because we can.

3. The freedom - nothing to run to. No pressure. Each day is a whole new day for projects and/or FUN!

4. The accessibility of babysitters. So much easier to plan a morning of "me" time. More realistically, I can go to the dentist and the grocery store without my entourage.

5. Jammies become loungewear for the better part of the day.

6. Road Trips!!!

7. Watermelon, lemonade, popsicles and snowcones.

8. Tan lines = a good day

9. Memorial Day, 4th of July, kids bdays and other excuses to make a yummy treat!

10. Dbacks games. Totally fun for the kids and an easy night out for me and Eric. FUN!

What do you LOVE about Summer? What's your on your list?