10.12.2008

Everything I Needed to Know - I Learned in Conference

Last weekend was another inspiring weekend - I just love General Conference! I wondered today (when I spend the majority of the time chasing Ty through the church halls) why we don't always have church in our pajamas in front of the TV. Then I remembered that little thing called The Sacrament. (Plus I'd probably get fat(ter) because it's so easy to run to the kitchen during the choir songs)
I learned lots...here are the highlights.

The BEST is yet to be.
Teach patriotism to your children.
Be a missionary.
PEOPLE are the most important.
Find your own Waldon Pond.
A testimony is a process.
Hope fills our lives with happiness.
Reach out to others.
I'm a good shopper - therefore I found a good husband.
Ponder.
Be a peacemaker.
"True disciples of Christ speak with quiet confidence,
not boastful pride."
Virtue matters.
Boys wear a white shirt to church.
Care for yourself and sacrifice for those in need.
"You don't know everything, but you know enough."
Pray that the gospel will be spread to every corner of the earth.
"You pile up enough tomorrows and you'll find
you have collected a lot of empty yesterdays."
Peace be unto thy soul...