11.19.2007

My Bro is Cooler Than Your Bro

Hey everyone,

Wow I am so jealous that everyone gets to have a thanksgiving dinner. Lets see... For thanksgiving dinner I will have rice and dried fish. Oh wait that is what I eat for every meal. The food may be the hardest thing about the mission. Not really. We have two more baptisms on Dec 1 I am pretty excited about that. We should be having two more on Dec 15 also. The people here just love the gospel. They do have a big problem with it though also. They think that once they become a member they dont need to keep learning and keep studying. Its virtually impossible to keep the spirit with you if you are not progressing. If your not moving forward you are moving backward right? The temple fireside was awesome. I did not get to go to the groundbreaking because only 300 people were invited. That is branch presidents and stake presidents only. The fireside was amazing though. Dallin h. Oakes and Quentin Cook spoke as well as Michael Teh. It was so good. I learned so much. Basically all their talks were about preparing to go to the temple. Developing Holy habits and things like that. I dont think the people here understand how big a deal it is to go to the temple. and they think that if you go once and take out your
endowments you never go again. Its hard to chage their false beliefs. I have been so sick the past two weeks so I am pretty tired of that. Same as you beck. horrible cough and ridiculous amounts of flem. dont know where it all comes from. gross. I will be able to call on Christmas. I am not quite sure how that is all going to work out. I dont know how much time I have to call. I will try to call everyone. Its probably really expensive also. I think we probably only have 45 minutes to call. Christmas is going to be so weird here. It being hot all the time. Cant beleive its been almost a year since I got my call. Time sure flies doesnt it. The jungle is still very much a jungle and Im about ready to get out of it. I am 100% confident that the area I am in now is the hardest area in the mission. Hardest for work and hardest for living. I am glad I know that if I can make it through this area I can make it through anything. Thanks for all your continued love support and prayers while I am here in Lamac. I know that they have helped so much. I am so grateful for all of you. I am grateful for the sacrifices that each and everyone of you have made to follow the will of our Father in Heaven. Could you imagine how boring and pointless this life would be if we didnt have the trials we did. I cant even imagine. I am so grateful for my personal trials and for my lifes experiences. Whenever I get tired of the trials or the challenges I just think of Jesus Christ. After I think of his challenges and what he overcame I feel like my challenges are nothing. I am grateful for his example in overcoming
all. Overcoming Physical and Spiritual Death. Family and Friends I know that
this church is true. There was a time in my life where I did not know that this
church is true, or maybe I had just forgotten, But I will tell you now I will
never forget again. Let the gospel bless each and everyone of your lives. Open
your hearts and your homes to the gospel and enjoy the blessings that will pour
in. They will be so abundant you wont be able to hold them all inside. (3 ne
ch 24 8-10) ( JET) (Joel Ehorn Translation) I am so grateful for the promises that have been made to us and our families. Keep up the good work you rightous going people. :) I love you all HO HO HO Merry Christmas and happy thanksgiving

Sincerely, Your favorite Elder Ehorn